It's interesting hearing what people think when they haven't a clue as to what's really going on. I've come to the conclusion the those people who are supposed to be closest to me simply aren't worth my time.
How can you turn your back on a brother and then, later, smile in his face when he comes out of his low? I'm not one for following the "He Say She Say", but when it adds up to the vibe, I'm left with little choice.
Over the years, I've come to seriously dislike the term "Freeloader". For most of my life, I have done everything I can to avoid living off of anyone in my circle. I think it came from an incident way back in my high school days. When I asked my stingy uncle for a nickel and he told me he didn't have any money. Only to stand up a few minutes later... Pockets jingling. He then threw a nickel at me.
So, back in 06, while living in the army housing unit my ex-wife was responsible for, I recently found that one of my most trusted family members chose to paste that label on me. I guess since the only notable income that individual could "see" was the little change I was getting for working as a bouncer (something I did to keep busy).
This individual didn't take into account that I may have some kind of chedder stashed away from my time in the navy. Nor did they consider the possibility that I may have another unseen income. Both of which were true. I guess it was natural for this individual to assume I wasn't covering any of the bills (while I covered them all). In fact, they probably assumed my ex was even covering my own car note.
You could say I'm offended; but THAT is a MASSIVE understatement. In fact, this bit of enlightenment has prompted me to go back to a search I've long abandoned while adding energy to my quest for a degree.
Two Thousand Ten is going to be an interesting year.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment