It's interesting where one can sometimes find inspiration. At a fish market in the Bronx, I was headed out the door with a little fish to go with some grits for breakfast when I came across the scene above. A basket of crabs (with a lid on it mind you) and a solitary crab on the floor, side stepping and close to getting away under the counter.
I'm sure everyone's heard the sayings about crabs in a basket. How you don't even need a lid because they'll keep each other from getting out. This has often been said about individuals within their personal communities. Most of the time it feels like the case in my own circle and with life in general.
Those crabs might keep each other from getting out, but this little guy is an exception to the rule... and that's exactly how I see myself.
I don't know if this little guy made it all that far; but at least he got out. I almost wanted to pick him up and take him to the river.
To anyone who actually reads this, keep striving. Don't let those crabs hold you down... And once you're out of that basket, make a break for the river, while singing: "Ain't No Stoppin' Us Noooooow...!"
Something inspired me this morning, and I couldn't help looking back at this image.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment