Okay, so the President wants to deliver a speech to the schoolchildren of the United States of America. What could be so bad about that? Somehow, someone somewhere finds something wrong with this.
Come ON people. Can't we find something better to complain about? I mean really now. What can Mr. Obama possibly say that could be so bad that you don't want your kids to hear it? Surely, it can't be as bad as the music you allow your children to listen to. And I'm positively certain that his language will be exceptionally better than yours. So what's the uproar all about.
I read something about the President coming across as a "Mister Rogers". Yeah, I hated the show... even as a kid... But I always admired his work. What's next, are they going to compare the President to the evil LaVar Burton if he reads the children a story? This is starting to get crazy. At the end of the Mr. Rogers article, the truth of it all came out... I wish I could find it; but such things have a way of disappearing after a while. But it ended saying something like 'maybe the children will end up LIKING Mister President'.
I don't see anything wrong with my children liking and being encouraged by our nation's leader. I only wish Mr. Carter or Mr. Reagan took the time out to do the same.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment