05 August 2012

Someone asked me if I missed you...

Someone asked me if I missed you today...

My answer was no.

I think about you from time to time. Of course there are plenty of good memories.

How could I possibly let that go.

I know where I'd be today had we stayed together: Going to work, coming home, church most Sundays, family gatherings, the occasional weekend show.

That's a dead thought tho.

My frustrations have since multiplied. But it's all fuel now.

The only thing I'm striving for now is doe.

The first necessary steps were drop the bags and tear down every single boundary.

Where ever the money is, that's where I'll go.

I seem to have overpowered the feeble shit that keeps regular motherfuckers going in circles. The shelters, public assistance, back to work programs and the rest of that bullshit.

I have been crushing milestones as I go.

Sometimes I feel lonely; but that's all a part of the process. I am always successful when I do it my fucking self.

The only question I seem to bang over my own head is "What did I ever want to bring anyone with me for?"

Now I'm at the next stage of the madness... and so there will be more stripping and leaving behind while mowing over any and every motherfucker who is stupid enough to get in front of me.

No.

I don't miss you.

It's not like you had my back.

It's not like you believed in me.

Fact is, I never had you.

And you can't miss what you never had.

So no... I don't miss you.

I fucking loath you.

Fortunately there are no ties between you and I for which I will have to answer to God.

I have enough of those.

I've burned the bridge, poisoned the river, and scorched the fucking earth for as far as I can see on the other side.

I can daydream all I want about what I thought I had... There's nothing wrong with that.

In fact, it's a pretty nice fantasy.

But the truth is, I have always been on my fucking own...

I don't miss you.......

It is what it is.




Nullius in verba

No comments:

Post a Comment