Not to take away from anyone or anything connected to it; I didn't much care for the original or the video. I did, however, appreciate the coming together of these people for the cause. Of course this started a massive aid trend that lasted for years.
We Are The World was NOT a song to be remade in my opinion... After "hearing" it, I felt even stronger about it being left alone. I simply couldn't get into it. But, after thinking about it for a little while; I realized I should check out the video. I didn't much like the video of the original; but this is a different time. And Quincy Jones has rarely produced a song I didn't like.
After watching the video (and hearing the WHOLE song), my attitude changed. The song, though the words are the same, seems more like a continuation of the earlier version. As it went on, I couldn't miss the fact that they kept MJ's part in there.
As it went on, seeing Tony Bennet, Barbara Streisand and was that Irene Cara? Or someone that looked like her? Anyway, the same appreciation I have for the original only grew with this one.
And then there came the twist...
Wycleff put his twist on it... Then there was LL, lil'Wayne (and I really don't like his music) and of course Kanye.
I appreciate music in all it's forms. Even if I don't like a song, I appreciate the heart that's put into any artists craft.
The video doesn't change how I feel about the song... I still don't like it... The original or the 25 for Haiti... But I appreciate the original and the 25 even more. I know it sounds kind of strange... But I'm sure true music lovers understand.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment